This study is based on the book by Mark Driscoll and Gerry Breshears Doctrine: What Christians Should Believe. Based on a sermon series by Mark Driscoll at Mars Hill Church, this book will walk us through the tenets of our faith and hone our understanding of what the Bible teaches. This study is an excellent starting point for our group before we dive into deeper waters together.
Here’s what you can do each week to prepare for discussions:
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will illuminate your heart and mind as you read
- Read the chapter of the book assigned for that week
- As you read, examine the biblical references given
- Always be asking how you can apply what you are reading
- Make notes as you go using the study guide as needed
- Come to the group ready to share your insights